Keith and Kristian catch up at Dragon Con and discuss Keith’s panels and running Eberron for a con game or as one-shots in general.
Due to scheduling conflicts and travel, we’re unable to record and release an episode for the month of August 2017.
Keith, Wayne, Kristian, and Scott discuss the Daelkyr and cults of the Dragon Below.
- Dragonmarks: The Daelkyr and their Cults
- Comparing to Lovecraft and Far Realms
- Random detail: mind flayers
- Good starting villains
- Each daelkyr lord has unique powers
- Cults of the Dragon Below are unique
- Why do people join a cult of the Dragon Below?
- For GMs
- Incomprehensible plans as an advantage for GMs
- Daelkyr as hackers or masterminds that tinker
- Strange effects on PCs as story elements
- Granting PCs abilities or powers with consequences
- Example adventure plot
- Gate seals in various forms for plot
- Create new monsters
- Cults don’t have to be evil
- Different domains for each cult
- Madness mechanics in 5e and other systems
- Symbionts as treasure
- Organic docents that attach to living beings
- For Players
- Presume you don’t know; give GMs breathing room
- Think about your character’s experience
- Be comfortable with running away
- Take new flaws or hindrances
- Mutation Deck for Savage Worlds
- Develop the world around your PC; friends, family, and community